Are you tired of the
pain and turmoil in your life?
Reclaim your self worth through counselling
It's likely you've been struggling for a long time. You're overwhelmed and you don't know where to turn.
It seems the same negative things keeping happening to you over and over again: repeated failed relationships, or problems with people at work or in your family.
You seem to manage ok for awhile, but your methods of coping just aren't working anymore. Just getting through your day seems to require an enormous amount of effort.
Your life feels out of control
Your emotions seem to be taking over
• You either feel overwhelmed by strong feelings or you don't feel anything -it's like you are numb. Perhaps you feel angry, depressed, anxious or confused. At times you may feel "flooded" by your emotions to the point where you just can't think straight or feel like you're "going crazy".
You're plagued by feelings of not being "good enough"
• You may feel unlovable. You just can't seem to do anything right. On the outside, your life may not look so bad. In fact, people might think you have it all together. But, the truth is, you're really good at covering up what is really going on inside you.
Intimate relationships may be a disaster
• You keep meeting the wrong people. Either you keep getting rejected in relationships or you can't seem to find someone you really like and care for. You just don't trust your judgment anymore.
You're consoling yourself by abusing substances
• Whether it's using too much alcohol or drugs, under or over-eating, over-exercising or something else, on some level, you know that you are using these to cope or numb your feelings. You have tried to get a handle on your growing addiction, but you just can't.
You might have trouble in friendships or feel socially isolated
• Perhaps you have trouble opening up and trusting others. You feel too vulnerable and exposed. You feel lonely and alone and yet you just don't know how to reach out.
You may or may not know that the above are frequently symptoms of unhealed childhood abuse or trauma. You may recognize that you have suffered from trauma or abuse, or you may not. Sometimes what happened to us in our childhood doesn't seem traumatic or abusive, even when it was.
Types of childhood trauma and abuse that
counselling can help:
- neglect: not being adequately cared for, not feeling loved, being ignored
- physical abuse, being hit regardless of how hard or how often
- emotional & verbal abuse; being called names, put down and constantly criticized
- sexual abuse by a caregiver or other person
- loss of a parent or caregiver due to abandonment or death
- childhood illness, disease or major accident
- a sense that something wasn't right in your childhood, but you're not sure what
Unhealed abuse and trauma can take complete control over your life…
Imagine what it would be like to:
- feel worthy of love and to really be loved
- know in your heart that whatever happened to as a child, wasn't your fault
- have more meaningful relationships
- respect and value yourself
- feel your power and be in control of your life
- honour your boundaries and stand up for yourself
- feel calmer and more at peace
- have more fun and laugh more often!
- feel hopeful about the future
Therapy can help you achieve all of the above. Others have done it, and you can too.
Why work with me as your trauma therapist?
If you are hesitant about seeing a therapist to help you overcome past trauma, I understand. When your life has felt so bad for so long, it can feel hopeless. How can you trust someone to really help you? How can you be sure that investing your money will be worth your while? These are all perfectly normal concerns.
What I can tell you is that I have specialized in providing counselling with people who have histories of childhood abuse for more than 15 years. I am inspired by my clients' courage and grateful for the opportunity to be part of their healing process and helping them create the lives they want.
In addition to my Masters degree in psychology, I have specialized training in EMDR, a proven technique for helping people resolve pain and trauma. I am highly intuitive, and deeply caring. I have a strong background in social and environmental justice, so helping others is embedded in my value system. "Caring" is part of my lifestyle.
By background in theatre makes me extremely effective with artists, actors and other creative types. In fact, many victims of trauma and abuse are very talented and spirited people. It is this creativity and strength that I help my clients tap into that assists them in healing.
Helping people empower themselves is my passion. There is no problem I haven't heard and no problem that I don't understand and have compassion for. Unfortunately many of my clients have struggled in pain for far too long before they sought help. Many have wished they would have sought help far sooner than they did. I don't want this to be you.
I am not saying it will be easy, but I do believe that anyone can get there…if they want it badly enough.
You have nothing to lose by contacting me. We'll have a brief chat on the phone to see if we are a good fit. You can tell me what your life is like and I'll tell you how I might help.
Are you ready to give it a go?
If so, here's how you can reach me:
I look forward to speaking with you.
PS. Not sure therapy can help? Visit My approach page to find how trauma therapy can help you resolve problems related to trauma andchildhood abuse.